Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Creating an "Alphabet Album." Kurt's Life: A-E

I can be quite obsessive and extremely organized and orderly. I scrapbook in chronological order. I am not one of those people who finds a picture and does an entire page with the one picture because it is beautiful. My pages tell stories. They share an event and they are kept in order.
EXCEPT, that is...when I did this alphabeticl album of my husbands life. Kurtis's Mom had 22 years of pictures jumbled together when we got married. There was no way I could sort through them all and get them in the right chronological order. So, I decided to do an "Alphabet Album" of Kurtis's life. I organized the pictures by events, such as biking, fishing, camping, etc. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out. This is one of my favourite forms of scrapbooking to do! Because I had so many pictures (and belive me, I didn't even use half of them!), I did a ninety page album, with two double layouts for (almost) every letter of the alphabet (K, P, U, V, W, X, Y and Z only have one double spread). 

I love how the title page turned out; simple yet bold.
Since there are so many pages, I will take several posts to show them all to you. Here are A-E of my Lovey Hubby's life...

A:
B:
Alot of the pages in this album are of fishing, camping, guns and outdoor activities... here you can see him playing 'guns' at a very young age...I wonder why my Hubby is still so obsessed with hunting and fishing??
C:
D:
This is one of my favourite pages in this album... I simply took my creative memories "squiggle cutter" and made cuts from 12 inch paper in three different colorus... and tada! You have a beautiful river scene! Simple, yet oh so effective!
E:
This is another of my favourites (again with the fishing!). The letters are cut from the "Micky Mouse Font" cricut cartridge, and then I used real twine to string them all together to look like a fishing line.
One of the most fun parts of making an Alphabet Album is coming up with all of the fun titles.
I organized the pictures at home, and then did the entire 90 page album at a weekend retreat! This was also my very first introduction to the cricut! I had never seen or even heard of one before, and was absolutely delighted with what I found! I bought my own a few months later. I used the circut on almost every single page of the album!

Have you ever tried making an Alphabet Album?? Let me know how it turned out! What were some of your favourite titles??

4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love this idea and it's very creative. I love the whole album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so adorable! :) (Guns and all!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!! Sister you are so talented. I never seem to have the time or energy to get my scrapbooking done. We need to set up a payment plan so that you can be scrapbooking my life for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning petal!
    A fab idea, great way to have all the years!
    Hugs Melly xx

    ReplyDelete