Monday, April 19, 2010

The Quilt Evolves

 A few posts ago, I showed my material and plans for a new quilt... the material is the same, but the plans have changed. I remembered that a few years ago my Mum gave me a really nice quilting book. Once I saw it, I knew exactly what kind of quilt I was going to make. I just happened to have mostly "polka dotted" material, and low and behold, right on the front cover was the quilt I wanted to make: the Log Cabin Polka.
I began cutting, and here we have the beginnings of my beautiful, colourful quilt! I can hardly wait until it is done and I can snuggle up on the couch and read a good book!

The four medium sized square/rectangles will be sewn together with a black centre square to form one large "log cabin" square. Each material chosen has "polka dots" of one kind or another.

1 comment: